Saturday, March 29, 2008

Hwaseong Fortress






This is a fortress that was built in the 1700's. The fortress walls were constructed by King Jeongjo to as an act of loyalty towards his father and to restore the honor of his father who had been murdered. It would also house the tomb of his father.

We walked along the top of the walls and stopped at a park that was within the walls for the kids to play. I took a whole lot more pictures but cannot figure out where they went. I will post them when/if I find them.

3 comments:

Wendoyoublog in Colorado said...

I wish someone would build me one of these when I die. More people would remember me and maybe kids would play at my park.

Check my blog...moving news.

Wendoyoublog in Colorado said...

oh ya, I love your fam photo! Nice touch with the black and white. I like your layout of the kids.

Special K said...

Great new photo Tam! That's a keeper!
We're moving too!!!....I wish, just a belated April fools.